Sign up for the 2024 9th Grade Winter Retreat!
Do not miss out on this exciting and immersive opportunity!
4 more slots available for students.
Trip Date: March 25th-27th
Extended Deadline to submit forms: March 1st, 2024
Medical forms need to be completed if students are on any form of medication (Attachment is available in English & Spanish).
Crew Adventure: 9th Grade Winter Retreat
About the Program
Set in Fishskill, NY, this program offers students the chance to connect with nature and one another. During the course, students sleep in small cabins that are clustered together on the campgrounds, and take part in activities that include:
- Light day hiking
- Low ropes courses
- Evening activities – camp fires, night hikes, star gazing
- Camp craft skills – meal preparation under instructor supervision, navigation, “Leave No Trace” practices
- Team building activities, problem solving and conflict resolution activities
Our skilled instructors foster environments that provide the ideal balance of challenge and support to help students:
- Build a sense of belonging within their Crew
- Step out of their comfort zones with courage, perseverance and assertiveness
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Build self-awareness through reflection through self awareness
- Understand social responsibility among a group of peers
What is Provided?
- Course Director and instructional staff
- All meals & snacks
- Basic lodging
- All activity equipment
[Original size] Kurt Hahn by Kevin Jones